TRADITIONAL METAL BRACES IN HOUSTON, TX
Important things to know before getting traditional metal braces
If you’re considering getting traditional metal braces but are feeling nervous or scared, we’re here to help to make the experience as straightforward and easy as possible.
We fully understand how you might feel living with crooked or misaligned teeth. It can be a real challenge to your self-esteem. You might be feeling self-conscious that others are making negative judgements.
Braces do more than straighten teeth
After you finish your braces treatment, you get a range of perks – beyond a more attractive smile and boosted self confidence.
Braces also help give you a more “comfortable bite” which allows you to chew more easily and speak more clearly.
So getting braces is actually something to be excited about! But we recognize that you likely have some questions and concerns.
We’d love to meet with you and help you make a choice you feel comfortable with! We invite you to schedule consultation for traditional metal braces in Houston now!
Chew Good. Look Good. Feel Good.
We welcome patients of all ages to our office. Don’t continue living with misaligned and crooked teeth, contact our dental office in Houston today to schedule an appointment for our orthodontic treatment. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of!
Want to Learn More About Braces or Invisalign?
Frequently asked questions about traditional metal braces
Read through this helpful information below, and you’ll have a much better idea of what to expect when getting traditional metal braces.
1. What is the best age for traditional metal braces?
At Antoine Dental Center in Houston, we provide orthodontic treatment to patients over 7 years old, including adolescents, teens, and adults.
The ideal time for braces is between 7 and 14 years of age, while the head and mouth are still growing and teeth can be more easily straightened.
But we’ve also helped many thousands of older teenagers and adults to enjoy straighter teeth thanks to the benefits of braces.
Basically, there is no such thing as being “too old” for braces.
2. Should I really get braces as an adult?
We’ve had the pleasure of helping many thousands of adults experience the many benefits of braces. In fact, around 20% of patients who receive braces are over the age of 18.
These adults love the way that their braces have finally helped them to correct their crooked teeth and improve their smile, as well as treat any serious structural problems in their mouth.
3. What exactly are traditional metal braces?
Metal braces have been used for decades. They consist of metal brackets, bands, and wires that guide your teeth into the proper position.
Patients who receive metal braces will have metal brackets glued to the enamel of each of their teeth. Next, special metal wires are manipulated between the brackets, which then encourage your teeth to assume a different position and shape over a longer period of time.
Metal braces do not come off during treatment — most patients wear them 34/7 for around 2 years, although this can vary from person to person.
4. What exactly is Invisalign?
Invisalign trays are used from 22 to 24 hours a day for 6 to 18 months. The trays can be removed when the patient is eating or drinking, so as to prevent food from getting stuck in the trays.
5. How do I choose between traditional metal braces and Invisalign?
Both metal braces and Invisalign have the same end goal: to straighten and correct your teeth – while giving you a more confident, healthier smile. The way that these two devices go about achieving that goal is what makes them different.
There are some key differences between traditional metal braces and Invisalign that can help you to determine which choice is best for your particular circumstances.
You should keep in mind some of these factors:
- How much correction your teeth need
- Whether or not you have the self-discipline to keep the removable Invisalign trays in 22-24 hours a day
- Whether or not you want corrective braces that are nearly impossible to see (Invisalign) or don’t mind visible braces (metal braces)
- Cost (and whether or not insurance will cover either procedure)
- Comfort (As a general rule, Invisalign is considered more comfortable than metal braces due to the different materials used in each of them. However, modern metal braces are a far cry from the metal braces that most people conjure up when they think about “metal braces,” so the discomfort of metal braces is not nearly as significant as many people assume.)
6. How much are traditional metal braces in Houston?
Prices for orthodontic treatment vary depending on the type of braces you want, the amount of time your treatment will take to be completed, and the condition of your oral health.
The best way to find out the price for your orthodontic treatment is to book your consultation at Antoine Dental Center, which also comes with exams and x-rays.
The average cost for the most common types of braces are:
- Metal (Traditional) Braces: $3,000—7,000
- Invisalign© Aligners: $4,000—7,400
Does my insurance cover braces treatment?
Your insurance may or may not cover some or potentially even all of your procedures. You should consult with your dental health team and insurance provider to find out more.
Are there payment plans for my orthodontic treatment?
Yes, we do offer payment plans. Monthly payments can be as low as $125. We also offer 0% interest for those who qualify.
7. How long will I wear traditional metal braces?
The average length of time that most people need to wear their braces is 24 months, though it can range from 18 months to 30 months.
The length of time you need to wear braces will depend on
- how severe the problem is
- your age and current oral health
- how well the treatment plan works for you
- if you abide by the rules and limitations of the plan
8. How should I take care of my metal braces
It’s essential that you take care of your braces properly.
Proper care will help to..
- keep your braces from becoming damaged.
- ensure that your braces work as effectively as possible.
You will need to …
- brush, floss and rinse with an antiseptic rinse after every meal.
- avoid any foods which you shouldn’t eat with braces (aka: hard foods, crunchy foods, sticky foods and foods you have to bite into such as whole apples).
9. Can I schedule a consultation for metal braces?
Yes, please come in for a meeting with one of our Houston orthodontic specialists! We recognize you might still have some questions about choosing between traditional metal braces or Invisalign. We will take time to talk with you about which option is the right one based on your personal needs, oral health, and other factors such as comfort and medical insurance.
It’s time to stop living with misaligned and crooked teeth! Contact our dental office in Houston today to schedule an appointment about orthodontic treatments. We look forward to helping you to achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of!
Call Us Today At 713-497-1499 To Schedule An Appointment For Traditional Metal Braces In Houston.
POSTOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONSWound Care Bite firmly on gauze that has been placed for the next 2 hours, then remove it gently. Place more as needed and keep in place for minimum of 2 hours. Do not change the gauze too often. Do not peek. Do not smoke for 72 hours because...