TRADITIONAL METAL BRACES IN HOUSTON, TX
Important Things to Know Before Getting Traditional Metal Braces
If you’re considering getting traditional metal braces, but nervous and scared, we’re here to help to make the experience as calm and easy as possible.
We fully understand how you might feel living with crooked or misaligned teeth. It can be a real challenge to your self-esteem. You’re always feeling self conscious that people are making negative judgements.
Thankfully braces are a great teeth straightening treatment which can give you the beautiful teeth and charismatic smile you’ve always wanted.
Braces Do More Than Straighten Teeth
After you get braces, you get a range of perks – beyond a more attractive smile and boosted self confidence.
You’ll also find that your new straighter teeth are easier to keep clean and thereby you’ll be better protected against tooth decay.
Plus, braces help to give you a more “comfortable bite” – which then allows you to chew more easily and speak more clearly.
Yes, getting braces is truly something to be excited about. But we recognize that you probably have some questions and concerns.
We’d love to meet with you – and help you to make a personal choice you feel comfortable with! So we invite you to schedule an appointment for a free consultation now!
We welcome patients of all ages to our office. Don’t continue living with misaligned and crooked teeth, contact our dental office in Houston today to schedule an appointment for our orthodontic treatment. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of!
Want to Learn More About Invisalign?
Read on for answers to common questions about braces.
Frequently Asked Questions About Traditional Metal Braces
Read through this helpful information below, and you’ll have a much better idea of what to expect when getting traditional metal braces.
1. What age is best for traditional metal braces?
At Antoine Dental Center in Houston, we provide orthodontic treatment to patients over 7 years old, including adolescents, teens, and even adults!
The ideal time for braces is between 7 and 14 years of age, while the head and mouth are still growing and teeth can thereby be more easily straightened.
But we’ve also helped many thousands of teenagers and adults to enjoy straighter teeth thanks to the benefits of braces.
Basically, there is technically no such thing as being “too old” for braces.
2. Should I Really Get Braces As An Adult?
We’ve had the pleasure of helping many thousands of adults to experience many benefits from braces. In fact, around 20% of patients who receive braces are over the age of 18.
These adults love the way that their braces have finally helped them to correct their crooked teeth and improve their smile – and and treat any and all serious structural problems in their mouth.
3. What exactly are Traditional Metal Braces?
Metal braces have been used for decades. They consist of metal brackets, bands, and wires that guide your teeth into the proper position.
Patients who receive metal braces will have metal brackets glued to the enamel of each of their teeth. Next up, special metal wires are then manipulated between the brackets – which then force your teeth to take on a different position and shape over a longer period of time.
Metal braces do not come off and will be worn 24/7 for around 2 years for most patients. Although this can vary from person to person.
4. What exactly are Invisalign?
Patients who receive Invisalign will be fitted with a special custom-made align tray system that, when used over time, will gradually (and more subtly) move teeth into place.
Invisalign trays will be used from 22 to 24 hours a day for 6 to 18 months. The trays can be removed when the patient is eating or drinking, so as to prevent food from getting stuck in the trays.
5. What Are The Benefits of Metal Braces vs Invisalign?
Both metal braces and Invisalign have the same end goal: to straighten and correct your teeth – while giving you a more confident, healthier smile.
The way that these two devices go about achieving that goal is what makes them different.
6. How Do I Choose Between Traditional Metal Braces and Invaslign?
There are some key differences between traditional metal braces and Invisalign that can help you to determine which choice is best for your particular circumstances.
You should keep in mind some of these number of factors…
- How much correction your teeth need
- Whether or not you have the self-discipline to keep the removable Invisalign trays in 22-24 hours a day
- If or not you want corrective braces that are nearly impossible to see (Invisalign) or don’t mind visible braces (metal braces)
- Cost (and whether or not insurance will cover either procedure)
- Comfort (As a general rule, Invisalign is considered more comfortable than metal braces due to the different materials used in each of them. However, modern metal braces are a far cry from the metal braces that most people conjure up when they think about “metal braces,” so the discomfort of metal braces is not nearly as significant as many people assume.)
7. How Much Are Traditional Metal Braces In Houston?
Prices for orthodontic treatment vary depending on the type of braces you want, the amount of time your treatment will take to be completed, and the condition of your oral health.
The best way to find our the price for your orthodontic treatment is to book your appointment at Antoine Dental Center for your free consultation which also comes with free exams and x-rays.
The average cost for the most common types of braces are:
- Metal (Traditional) Braces: $3,000—7,000
- Invisalign© Aligners: $4,000—7,400
Does My Insurance Cover Braces Treatment?
Your insurance may or may not cover some or potentially even all of your procedures. You should consult with your dental health team and insurance to find out more.
Is There Payment Plans For My Orthodontic Treatment?
Yes, we do offer payment plans. Monthly payments can be as low as $125. We also offer 0% interent for those who qualify.
8. How Long Will I Wear Traditional Metal Braces?
The average length of time that most people need to wear their braces is 24 months, though it can range from 18 months to 30 months.
The length of time you need to wear braces will depend on
- how severe the problem is
- your age and current oral health
- how well the treatment plan works for you
- if you’re able to stick to the rules/limitations of the plan
9. How Should I Take Care Of My Metal Braces?
It’s essential that you take care of your braces properly.
Proper care will help to..
- keep your braces from becoming damaged
- ensure that your braces work as effectively as possible
You will need to …
- brush, floss and rinse with an antiseptic rinse after every meal
- avoid any foods which you shouldn’t eat with braces (aka: hard foods, crunchy foods, sticky foods and foods you have to bite into such as whole apples)
10. Can I Schedule A Free Consultation About Getting Metal Braces?
Yes, please come in – for a free meeting with one of our dentist specialists! We recognize you might still have some questions about choosing between traditional metal braces or Invisalign. We will take time to talk with you about which option is the right one based on your personal needs, oral health, and other factors such as comfort and medical insurance.
It’s time to stop living with misaligned and crooked teeth! Contact our dental office in Houston today to schedule a free appointment about orthodontic treatments. We look forward to helping you to achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of!