Clarity Braces in Houston, TX
$1,000 OFF CLEAR BRACES
A Clear Solution for a Straighter Smile
At Antoine Dental Center, Dr. Behzad Nazari understands there’s no one-size-fits-all type of orthodontic treatment. That’s why we provide a variety of orthodontics treatments at our Houston, TX, dental practice so you can get the smile you deserve.
If you’re considering getting braces to achieve a straighter smile but don’t want to deal with traditional metal brackets and wires, clarity braces might be the solution you’re looking for. Read our guide to learn more about this popular option for adults and teens who want to straighten their teeth discreetly.
What Are Clarity Braces?
Clarity braces are a type of ceramic braces that use translucent brackets and tooth-colored wires to straighten teeth. They blend in with the natural color of your teeth, making them less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Made by 3M Unitek, these braces are pre-pasted, pre-vacuum-packed, and pre-sterilized for your convenience.
The Benefits of Clarity Braces
Clarity braces offer several benefits, including:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Clarity braces are made of ceramic, making them less noticeable than metal braces. They’re an excellent option for people who don’t want to draw attention to their braces or feel embarrassed.
- Comfort: Clarity braces have a smooth surface and rounded edges, reducing the risk of irritation or discomfort in the mouth.
- Durability: Clarity braces are made of high-quality ceramic material that’s stain-resistant and less prone to chipping or cracking than other types of braces.
- Effective Results: Your smile can benefit from high-quality precision and effectiveness without the hassle that comes with traditional metal braces.
Ceramic Braces vs. Traditional Braces
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, there are many options to choose from, including traditional metal braces and ceramic braces. However, clarity braces offer a unique alternative by combining the durability of metal braces with the aesthetic appeal of ceramic braces.
Here are some key differences between traditional braces and clarity braces:
- Appearance: Traditional metal braces are made of stainless steel and are more noticeable. Clarity braces are made of clear ceramic, making them less noticeable and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Durability: Both traditional metal braces and clarity braces are highly durable, but clarity braces are made of a ceramic material that’s more resistant to staining and discoloration.
- Comfort: Clarity braces are more comfortable than traditional metal braces. The ceramic material is less likely to irritate the gums and cheeks, and the brackets are smaller and smoother, reducing the likelihood of discomfort and irritation.
- Treatment Time: The treatment time for both traditional braces and clarity braces can vary depending on the severity of the orthodontic issues. In general, clarity braces work faster than generic metal braces.
- Cost: Clarity braces are slightly more expensive than traditional braces due to the advanced technology and aesthetic appeal they provide patients. However, your cost may vary depending on your specific case and the length of treatment.
Overall, clarity braces offer a clear alternative to traditional metal braces that are more aesthetically appealing, comfortable, and efficient. It’s important to discuss your options with your orthodontist to determine which treatment is best for you.
How Clarity Braces Process Works
The process of getting clarity braces begins with an initial consultation with your orthodontist. During this consultation, your orthodontist will examine your teeth, take X-rays and impressions, and develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. They’ll also discuss the benefits and risks of clarity braces and answer any questions you may have.
Once you’ve decided to proceed with clarity braces, your orthodontist will begin the process of placing the braces. This process involves the following steps:
- Cleaning Your Teeth: Before placing the braces, your orthodontist will clean your teeth thoroughly to remove any plaque or debris that may interfere with the treatment.
- Applying the Brackets: The next step is to apply the clarity brackets to your teeth using special dental cement. We’ll carefully position the brackets on the front of your teeth by using a special light to ensure it adheres properly.
- Placing the Wires: Once the brackets are in place, your orthodontist will thread the wires through them. We’ll secure the wires to the brackets using small rubber bands or metal ties.
- Adjusting the Wires: Over time, your orthodontist will adjust the wires to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. These adjustments may cause some discomfort but will fade over time as your teeth begin to shift into place.
- Removing the Braces: Once your treatment is complete, your orthodontist will remove the brackets and wires. This process typically involves using a special tool to gently break the adhesive bond between the bracket and the tooth surface.
After removing the braces, your orthodontist will provide you with a retainer to wear to maintain your newly straightened teeth. We’ll also schedule regular checkups to monitor your progress and ensure that your teeth remain in their proper position.
Caring for Your Clarity Braces
Caring for clarity braces is similar to caring for traditional metal braces. You should:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily to remove food particles and plaque from between your teeth and braces
- Avoid hard, sticky, or chewy foods that can get caught and damage your braces
- Attend regular orthodontic appointments for adjustments and checkups
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does treatment with clarity braces take?
Treatment time with clarity braces varies depending on the severity of your case. However, most people wear braces for 18 to 24 months. Your orthodontist will provide you with an estimated treatment timeline during your initial consultation.
Can I play sports with clarity braces?
Yes, you can play most sports with clarity braces. It’s important to take precautions to protect your teeth and braces. Your orthodontist will recommend a mouthguard for sports, especially contact sports, to prevent injuries to the mouth and teeth. It’s important to wear the mouthguard during all sports activities, even if they’re non-contact sports.
Can I eat anything I want with clarity braces?
It’s best to avoid hard, sticky, or chewy foods that can damage your braces. Stick to soft, easy-to-chew foods like steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, and pasta. Your orthodontist will provide you with a list of foods to avoid and recommend alternatives so that you’re less likely to damage your braces.
Will I need to wear a retainer after my clarity braces treatment?
Yes, after your braces are removed, you’ll need to wear a retainer to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their original position. Your orthodontist will provide you with a retainer and instructions on how to wear it.
Achieve a Straight Smile Discreetly With Clarity Braces
Clarity braces offer a clear solution for achieving a straighter smile without the noticeable appearance of traditional metal braces. If you’re considering clarity braces, consult with your orthodontist to see if they are the right option for you. Schedule a consultation with one of our Houston orthodontists by calling (713) 691-8880.
In the meantime, check out our special offers and see what you can save when you visit our office! We proudly serve patients in Aldine, Independent Heights, Northside Village, and Eastex/ Jensen neighborhoods.