Successful orthodontic treatment depend on teamwork between the patient and the practice. We will do everything in our power to ensure that your treatment porceeds smoothly and on schedule. For optimal treatment result, we need your cooperation.
Orthodontic Treatment will require you to develop some new routines including avoiding certain types of food. We realize that changing your behavior may be a bit difficult at first, but the length of your treatment time will greatly depend on your cooperation.
How would you like to get your braces off as possible? By working together, we can make this happen.
Helpful Hints About Treatment
- We will give you a twon-months’ supply of elastics.
- Be surre to ask at each appointment if you need more elastics.
- If you start to run low, please call for more.
- It is best to ask for more BEFORE you run out.
- For best treatment results, you must wear your elastics CONTINUALLY, both day and night, for them to work in the shortest amount of time.
- If you have a question bout your elastics wear (duration, pattern, etc.) be sure to ask your orthodontic assistant.
Note: Only wearing elastics at night loosens your tteeth and does not give you the dessired orthodontic results
- We reserve time for each patient scheduled and work diligently to run on time and provide you with dependable appointment times.
- Please be on time for your appointmentt.
- If you need to brush your teeth first, please come at least 5 minutes early.
- Your appointments are scheduled based on your specific treatment plan. Any change to the timing of your apppointments will likely impact your treatment time and outcome.
- If you need to change an appointment, please give us 48 hours’ notice.
- If you notice anything that is loosen or broken, please call immediately for an emergency appointment.
- We reserve the right to assess a fee of $25 per bracket for excess breakage.
- This is your most important job while wearing braces! You don’t want to have straight teeth with scars and cavities after your braces are removed.
- The toughest area to brush is between the braces and your gums. Make sure to brush down with the bristles on the brackets.
- Make sure to keep your regular hygiene appointments with your dentist and hygienist.
Be Very Careful With The Following
- Hard rolls
- Pizza crust
- Pretzels (hard or soft)
- Hard French fries
- Hard Toast
Do Not Bite Into
- Hard candy
- Apples and raw carrots (slice them)
Do not chew on ice or pens
*Please ask your orthodontic assistant if you have a question about a specific food.
- Sunflower seeds
- Peanut brittle
- Candied apples
- Any chewy candy
- Bubble gum*
- Any sticky, chewy or hard foods
*Note: Absolutely NO gum of any kind can be chewing while in braces. Chewing gum wraps around brackets and wires and causes damage to your orthodontic appliances and your teeth.